The StreamVision solution applies to populations where education cannot get over the borders of remoteness; it implements the most advanced technologies on mere Ethernet network and designed user-friendly interfaces simulating a virtual university.
Developed with partners such as UNESCO, the e-Learning solution enables teachers and students to access all audio and video media remotely, at the same time, including diagrams, pictures and other visual resources. It also offers interactive features, enabling students to forward comments, place questions and reply to them.
- Lessons are more attractive, being illustrated with video examples
- Teaching is suited to the pace of each class, as students can always go over difficult points in the course several times
- Students living in remote areas, far from major universities, have access to courses the same way as those in big cities.
The main features of the e-Learning solution are:
- Encoding: system for digitizing the contents
- Video server: distribution of MPEG streams to users
- Graphical interface: for browsing the contents selected
- Archiving: long-term storage
The architecture of the solution is based on satellite transmission in IP mode and/or DVB, integrating LAN and WAN networks.